Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: I would love to see more active participation!!!

  1. #21
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    MAYBE peppermint popcorn, but I'd just be stealing that recipe off the Internet outright so I feel bad doing it. [img]frown.gif[/img] (EDIT: And besides, I'm the only one in my family who would consider it a favorite. [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) Sorry.

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 12, 2006 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Kenshinchan ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Send the peppermint popcorn recipe!!

  2. #22
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Miki_:
    Nancy, I'm going to send you a recipe too, but have to convert it to American measuring and as I don't have real measurements in Austrian either - it's a dish that I was taught by my grandmother, I thought I'll make it and take pictures at the same time for your book..
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, Brigitte!

  3. #23
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Ds9jullian:
    May is the busiest month of the year for me. The school year is finishing up, the summer reading program is just getting started, I am planning an AG event, trying to pack for my summer job at camp, and getting ready for our summer house guests.

    Ashley
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This project will still be going on well after May, so whenever you get a chance!! Good luck with your finals and all your other activities!

  4. #24
    Inactive Member kikilives's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2006
    Posts
    312
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    May is a really busy month here as well but I have been looking for a recipe to send you. I don't cook much but I love desserts and once I find the recipe and test it on my kids I'll pass it on to you. This sounds like so much fun! Thanks for doing it. Kristin

  5. #25
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by AGfanatic:
    I have a recipe for really good Southern-type fried chicken, is that the kind of recipe you are looking for?
    Edit: I wanted to add that even my very picky 16 year old brother loves this chicken. Now all I need to do is find the cookbook, and I'll PM the recipe to you right away. I also have a very good Chicken Pot Pie recipe, but I don't know if it would be considered too complicated.

    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ May 12, 2006 08:33 AM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think your fried chicken recipe will be perfect!! Send me your pot pie recipe, too, and I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

  6. #26
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Skittl1321:
    All the recipies I use come from other sources, so I can't pass them off as my own.

    [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Sure you can!! These are our family favorites. We don't necessarily have to be the ones who the recipe originated from. If you really feel uncomfortable, then add a little paragraph about how you came to receive the recipe.

    I don't think I've ever "started" a new recipe in my life, so you and I are in the same boat. Lots of mine come from books, magazines, are handed down from family, etc. You can always submit a recipe and title it as "Aunt Jane's ..."

    You are such a HostBoard "regular" that it would be really nice to have you included in the book!

  7. #27
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Brown*Eyed*Girl:
    May is a really busy month here as well but I have been looking for a recipe to send you. I don't cook much but I love desserts and once I find the recipe and test it on my kids I'll pass it on to you. This sounds like so much fun! Thanks for doing it. Kristin
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks Kristin!

  8. #28
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by mykidsloveAG:
    Just sent you an easy recipe for chocolate covered strawberries. It's one of those things I've always loved, but figured it was too complicated for me. But it's NOT! They are now a favorite of mine and many of my friends at church (it's become one of my "signature dishes" to bring to potblessings!).

    Are we only doing desserts now, because I also have a YUMMY salad recipe, but the salad dressing has about 10 ingredients. I don't consider it too difficult though, because once you make it you can use it for months without re-making it and it is very good, and none of the ingredients are things like eye of newt. Let me know if I should send the salad recipe. I also have an EASY apple dip recipe that I can send- now or later??


    Jo
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Jo, send them all!!! I'm accepting all recipes now!! Those signature strawberries that you're famous for will be perfect for the book. And please do send your salad recipe and the apple dip.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member JuliaAM's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2002
    Posts
    884
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Is it at all possible for you to make a section called "challenging recipes" or something like that? Personally, I would LOVE to try a challenging recipe from our board members.

    One thing that frustrates me about AG is most of their crafting and cooking is almost too simple. When I was young, I liked trying new techniques and really stretching my abilities. It's when you leave that "safe zone" that you really start learning and you get a definite "wow factor".

    I understand if you want to keep everything simple though. I just thought you might get a couple more recipes if folks were able to label them "challenging" or something like that. I've got some oft-requested recipes that are delicious but they do take more ingredients and/or steps.

    Julia

  10. #30
    Inactive Member marymax's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 19th, 2004
    Posts
    491
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think it is really nice you are doing this...but its not for me, I dont want to participate. When I was younger I loved to cook for my family, now I dont. I dont even want to look at recipes...I want to look at menus...Sorry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •